Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Artist Statement

I love to paint. I have been making art for almost my whole life. A few years ago I started to really enjoy painting. It's relaxing, meditative, and really fun for me. When I am mixing colors, it feels great once I get to that one perfect color that I have been trying to create. Putting the paint on the canvas and creating something that wasn't there before, something that comes from inside of me, is exciting. I like to experiment with applying the paint in different ways so there are different textures. I also like painting with lots of color. In the past, I have painted the beach, the sunset, houses, the skyline, fruit, and many other things. I am still learning how to paint, but practice makes almost perfect. I am excited about painting in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment