Friday, October 11, 2013
- Over the last week, I have been experimenting with stamps and stencils on different materials.
- I carved a stamp of a cool design to test out the potential ways I could make my next project.
- I also made a stencil of a soccer ball and spray painted it. It turned out surprisingly well.
- I spray painted on this little metal piece and a piece of wood and those also look good.
- Today I experimented with a new stencil I made of a triskele, a symbol having to do with time. I tested how it would look if I did it multiple times and connected them.
- I will continue to experiment with different ways to place my stencil of the symbol. I want to see what it looks like with different colors, fading, and positions.
- I have to figure out what other shapes and symbols I want to use and how I want to use them.
- After experimenting with my stencil and spray paint, I think I have gotten a better idea of what I want for the background of my patterns and repetition project. I really like the symbol I found and will definitely use it. I have also learned recently that it's important to use more of a variety of techniques for each project so it will be more interesting. I hope to keep experimenting with different stencils and stamps.