Friday, September 27, 2013
- This week I finished the translucency project. It is of a tree, and each layer has different color leaves to represent the different seasons. I hung it up in front of a window to see if the temperature affects the paper at all.
- Maybe I will make another small project and test different translucent materials.
- I will continue to work and experiment in my sketchbook.
- I like the way the different layers of the tree came out. I made it so you can look at it from the front and the back, and you will still be able to see the tree though all the layers. I hope to keep using transparent materials in some of my future projects.
Saturday, September 21, 2013
- This week I finished the newspaper project. It is mostly black and white but has a red string looping around the important parts of the piece. I titled the piece "Shifting Time."
- I began the translucency project yesterday. The project is based on time, so I chose to do something with the seasons of the year. My piece is a tree, and I will show how the leaves change color depending on the time of the year.
- I will keep working on the new project. I have to do the leaves for the Spring season.
- I want to experiment with some other materials that could make my piece a little more interesting.
- I also want to work more in my sketchbook.
- I thought my newspaper project turned out very well. At first I wasn't really proud of it, but once I painted over all the parts I didn't like, it looked much simpler and more cohesive, which I liked. Also, I have used some other simple materials that I've never used before in my art, like tin foil and string. I hope to keep experimenting with other materials in my future projects.
Monday, September 9, 2013
- played and experimented with newspapers
- Read newspapers
- wrote down a list of themes
- picked a theme that interested me
- made a web about the theme
- searched for specific words and images that related to my theme
- made a collage out of my findings and used yes paste to glue them down
- use the gesso
- work in my sketchbook
- experiment with materials
- go to sleep earlier
- I feel that art class has been going well so far. I have used a couple materials I have never used before, such as Yes Paste. I have enjoyed looking through the newspapers and making a collage based on my theme, Time. I like this topic because so many ideas can come out of it. I am happy to start working in my sketchbook again. My goal is to fill it up completely.