- This week I finished the newspaper project. It is mostly black and white but has a red string looping around the important parts of the piece. I titled the piece "Shifting Time."
- I began the translucency project yesterday. The project is based on time, so I chose to do something with the seasons of the year. My piece is a tree, and I will show how the leaves change color depending on the time of the year.
- I will keep working on the new project. I have to do the leaves for the Spring season.
- I want to experiment with some other materials that could make my piece a little more interesting.
- I also want to work more in my sketchbook.
- I thought my newspaper project turned out very well. At first I wasn't really proud of it, but once I painted over all the parts I didn't like, it looked much simpler and more cohesive, which I liked. Also, I have used some other simple materials that I've never used before in my art, like tin foil and string. I hope to keep experimenting with other materials in my future projects.