Thursday, May 1, 2014

Beginning Woodwork

For me, working in wood was fun, yet aggravating at times. It took a lot of getting used to and familiarizing myself with the tools and saws. Once I started to get a feel for the tools, it got easier to cut wood in the right sizes and shapes I needed. I enjoyed painting on the wood, which is something I haven't done before. It was nice to work in wood because I never have before, but I probably won't use it much anymore.

Something that I needed to actually do was practice using the tools before cutting the pieces I needed for my box. It would have been hard to visualize this at the beginning, but when cutting the strips of my piece, the sides sort of shrunk. I needed to understand how to account for how much it changed in size in order to cut the correct size pieces for the other sides of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment