Monday, November 15, 2010

End of Term 1 Reflection


     I really had fun this term. I got more interested in and better at drawing. I used to kind of hate drawing, but as time went on and the more I practiced, the more I enjoyed drawing. I learned how to use different techniques for drawing, and shading. I also was able to experiment with different materials like charcoal, different lettered pencils, and a simple eraser.
     I feel really good about how the most recent drawing we did (the popcorn one) turned out. I was able to use different techniques to make it actually look like popcorn, and to make it look like it's not just floating in the air. I also think that my sketch book has been a big success for me because I got to be free and do whatever I wanted to in it. I got to pretty much get to just express myself.
     Something that was difficult for me was was the fabric drawing. It was hard for me to draw the texture of the different cloths, the shape of them, and the way they hung down. Also, the collage of the the sun/water that I made was kind of hard because I had to cut out many many many small pieces of paper. It took a lot of patience.
     Some advice I would give myself is to continue to work my hardest and just keep practices different techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment